What is this?
An installation of an off switch for doorbell speakers, for myself and my neighbour.
All household intercoms should be made with an off switch for the speakers. Alternatively, a potentiometer for the volume would not only allow one to switch off the speakers at any given time, but also adjust the volume to a lower level suitable for cat and sound tech ears.
I manually installed two off switches for my own and a neighbours' intercom. Nowadays, I usually leave it on when I ordered takeaway food or expect mail delivery, but keep it turned off at all other times. I also want to attach a resistor to decrease the volume to a fixed level, since installing a potentiometer would require adjustments on the motherboard, which may make it more difficult to return to the default settings of the intercom, if I would like to let the flat to someone else someday.
Advantages of an off switch:
- Allows you to sleep in peace after a night shift. Usually, post employees will ring the doorbell in the morning hours, hoping that one of the neighbours of the receiver of a package will be at home. The intercom at my flat has also had periods of malfunctioning and/or there have been weirdos ringing doorbells in the middle of the night, repeatedly.
- Cats who are easily scared by foreigners and doorbells, like mine, have a less stressful life. This is also why I would like to install the resistor.
- No disruptions during rehearsals and/or home studio time.
- The sound is not very appealing, so less of it increases one's overall quality of life.


Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen